What to do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Jul 24, 2003.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I had a call today from a potential customer.I know the man and I know who does it now.Hes not a friend but an aquantance.The man owns numerous propertys and probably spends around$1200 a month year round. Aparantly he is not happy with his current guy any more, he says I pay more attention to detail than him and he wants me to take them all over.Do i take them or not? Yes he is out of the contract just because he didnt renew it from last year.What would you guys do?

2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

well i think i am going to take them.Your in put would be nice though

3. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

My wrestling coach always says it doesn't matter who you are.. the best man gets the spot. Its his loss

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I would probably take the work, that sounds like a good contract. How much do you value your relationship with the other LCO?

5. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

In my opinion if he called you he's looking to drop the guy regardless if you take it or not. If you had intentionally marketed to take a job from someone you know that would be different.The fact is he called you.

6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

You in the business to make money?

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

dude, if u dont take over, someone else will. its a dog eat dog world, and we are all wearing milkbone shorts.

8. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

Yes im going to take it another person I take care of refered me to him.

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Why are you even asking? Just take it!! Doesn't sound like something I would pass up. As long as the customer comes to me, I don't worry about who I'm taking it from.

10. bluemoon7

bluemoon7 LawnSite Member

Heres the rule of thumb between me and my lco "friends" - If they call you fair game, get the numbers ($) and no hard feelings. If you approach one of their accounts and lowball it then your'e a dog and will no longer be respected.