What to estimate for weed removel? (pictures)

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ALarsh, Jun 14, 2004.

1. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The problem with hand weeding is that you will never get all of the roots..............the problem comes right back.

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I jus did a lot of weeding at a job.....It was very similar to what you have on your hands there, don't short yourself charge $300.00. Depending on how many guys you have working, it could take longer then 5 hours.

jeff

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

$250 here also........

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure, but if he does not have a licence to apply pesticides, he does not have any options. Unless he might be able to sub the application out to a licenced...................

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I don't have a license. So I can't go buy a container of round up and spray it on their lawn?

6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Technically, no, you can't even spray round-up.

I would certainly think you wouldn't spray round-up on their LAWN!

Like another said though, you won't get all the roots, and the problem will return....

7. Adamma Landscape Group

Adamma Landscape Group LawnSite Member

There is no way in this wide world you can be able to hand pull all the weeds. If she does not want you to use chemicals then you should decide to walk away. Notice that if you hand pull these weeds in 3 days by the time you finish, the area you started first will start growing weeds again. So you will be there weeding her bed for a long time. The owner knows what she is getting you into, but you don't. And if you do not weed it good she will say that she will not pay you.
    Hand weeding involves a lot of risk. You will encounter snakes. So make your decision because she will not pay you for all the time it will take you to hand weed this stuff.

8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

How much would you charge for using chemicals?

I will give her a quote on both and tell her about hand picking the weeds and let her decide.