what to except after the tal-star application for beatles

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jul 1, 2007.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

what should i expect after a application of talstar for jap. beatles?( besides dead beatles under the plants)..what do you tell your clients?
  2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

If you just use talstar with a sticker you will get 2-3 weeks of control and a really quick knockdown.

If you read the Merit 75 WSP Label,(.53 oz per 100 Gal) then decide to tank mix it with the talstar, you will get a couple months control from a foliar app.

I have never been asked about the dead beetles that lay under the tree, recycling into the soil/earth....so I don't have an anwser.

Does the Allectus SC have an Ornamental Label?

Happy Jap. Beetle Hunting!

Pete D.
  3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

my client e mailed me this to day
    And also, there are a lot of beetles too. Im concerned that the spray you used several weeks ago might have been washed away in the rain…what do you think?
    i sprayed him 7/13 vwith talstar
  4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

We can't control the weather! I would offer her a second app at a discount.
  5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Our local insect professor said that new beetles will fly in after about 7 days. Spray again--charge again. Japanese beetles mate and die after about 30 days--then problem is over for the year--except for their grubs.
  6. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

might just be time to increase their service? some folks think that one spray will protect them for ever and from everything.

funny, earlier this spring a woman called to ask if we could spray her birch tree. She said it looked dead and hadnt had any leaves in a couple of years and all the branches were falling off in the slightest wind.
    Sooo....what do you want us to spray on it? I asked.
    She said she didnt care what I sprayed as long as the tree came back to life,

"oh, you want that magical mystery Resurrection Oil sprayed on that tree....that product is hard to find!"