1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Raven386, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

im really wanting to get a new mower, should i go with ride on or w/b? right now i have a Lesco 48" W/B Belt Driven... i need something bigger but i dont know what to get. I would like to stick with Lesco, just because of local service. i have 1 comm. account (a church) and it takes about 2 1/2 hours w/ 2 48" W/B, that includes mowing,trimming,edging and picking up all the litter. im looking to put in bids for just about everyplace i can.... but would obviously need a mower upgrade, i think the lescos are running around 8K for a 72" & 7K for a 60". are there some other mowers out there that wont kill my budget? should i look at used? i just bought a 06' 2500HD 4X4 w/ V8 (couldnt get a dump or a diesel, seemings my payments are already gonna be 500 a month) should i invest in a new mower? or new piece of equip. aerater or slitseeded etc..
  2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

If your happy with the Lesco mowers you own why not get their rider.I would go with the 60".