1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to give customers for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SwihartServices, Dec 17, 2007.

1. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

What do you give your customers for Christmas?

Cards? Gift cards? Coupons? Free Services? Any creative ideas?
  2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Wreaths from local cub scout pack, bulbs from White flower farms or Gardeners supply, Garden Gnomes, Those are the standards we have a progression depending on the # of years we have been servicing the home.

We spend anywhere from 20 on the low end to over 100 for my whales. Everyone gets a politically correct card signed by the crew and me.

Lawns service is the product we deliver but the relationship is what the people buy.
  3. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

For the non-payers.... dog **** in a bag.

For everyone else I send a nice Christmas card saying thankyou.
  4. bjlawnman

bjlawnman LawnSite Member

I just send each customer a nice Christmas card thanking them for their business. It means a lot to them.
  5. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

We have a lot more commercial accounts.

For a few of our long time residentials I bake cookies. I bake a lot of cookies. We treat them like neighbors. As a matter of fact...I need to stock up on more cookie making supplies...last Saturday I baked about 8 dozen.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Christmas cards...Not Holiday cards...Christmas Cards. Mine came from the NRA (National Riffle Assoc.) this year. So they pull them out and when they look on the back, they see "NRA" in about 3/4" tall letters. They had three little dogs with Santa hats on lying in the snow.

Screw all the political correct crack heads...

sorry, i just had to rant for a second.
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

A price increase.

Really though, I sent out cards. I wanted to do gift cards, but can't afford it this year.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Just cards. Actually mine are STILL sitting on the dining room table. I still have to sign them all and stuff them into envelopes... Last year I was Jhonny-on-the-spot and had them out like Dec. 1. This year, not so much. Then the ice storm really set me back from dealing with all that mess (which is far from done being dealt with).

Tacky? I put my business card in each of them, mostly so they know who the heck "jason rose" is, lol.

As for "PC" well, I honestly don't know if all of my customers believe in "God" or not, or the whole Christmas tradition. I do have several pakastini customers, I'm clueless as to what they do, but I just skip the cards to them, lol. Not too many Jews around here either...

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Awesome... I should have ordered some of these myself. Next year I will forsure.:usflag:
  10. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i don't send them anything .........i try to avoid them if possible .and i have alot of residental customers have never met