1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to kill clover???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GREEN-UP, Jul 2, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

speedzone southern w/ drive kicks arse
  2. JaysLawns

JaysLawns LawnSite Member

Surge works awesome its a lot cheaper but speedzone will smoke it also.

3. Plumberbutt

Plumberbutt LawnSite Member

I am newer to this, but I used Momentum on a yard with some clover and it did a WONDERFUL job!!! Owner and myself were VERY pleased.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If its a problem, be sure to use the high rate of whatever you use and be sure you are calibrated to put on the correct amount--it won't work if you are not applying the full amount. Be sure to include a good wetting agent. Spot spray if there are only a few clumps.
  5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

If you are not taking out clover with what you are using your rate is to low. I have no problem taking clover out with just Three-Way. I usually spray mid-rate. Add a surfactant. Clover goes a little slower than dandelions but within a week it should show signs of wilting. If its spots maybe they are misses. Just go over them again.
  6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I am not sure when in the season is the best to kill clover.

Also, be sure it is actually clover. Could be oxalis, difficult to kill, or black medic--both closely resemble clover. Also there are several clover species: hop clover, sweet clover, red clover.
  7. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

For all the tough to kill above I agree with 3-way tankmixed with a Mecoprop.
  8. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Excellent point, are you sure you are dealing with clover. Can you post a pic?
  9. Scagman61

Scagman61 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Speed-zone has never failed me....
  10. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

What about a granular product. Would momentum work? Or apply momentum and then something else?
    Oxalis or black medic doesn't have the little white flower does it?