1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what to pay people to put out door hangers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by EPIC, Mar 22, 2006.

1. EPIC

EPIC LawnSite Member

was wondering how everyone gets people to put them out and what they pay i been paying a few friends $10 an hour put dont think that is very cost effetive in the long run
  2. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

If you guys havnt started yet and you have the time I'd suggest to save a little dough and go hand them out yourself. If your a brand new business(I dont know if you are or not, but if you are) this is also a great time to talk to potential clients and get them comfortable with you and your work ethic because after all people buy services and products from people that they like.
  3. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

I pay someone $7/hr to help me put them out.
  4. mindset063

mindset063 LawnSite Member

How would you know that your flyers or door hangers are really being placed if you are not doing it yourself.
  5. gce_ent

gce_ent LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Around here it is common to pay $8 an hour. However, you have to take the people where you want them dropped, drive the streets to ensure you see the ads, manage the people and how many flyers you give them.......all for roughly $1,400 (10,000 flyers with 3 people for 5 days 8 hours a day).

Or I can get a service here to do 30,000 flyers for 2k and they manage the whole process.

Easy choice for me.