What to sell it for?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by colnc, Jan 28, 2008.

1. colnc

colnc LawnSite Member

I have a 2000 Walker MT with the 26 EFI, 42" deck. The mower has 3000 hours on it but I had a new short block put in it at 2900 hours. The hydros were replaced in late 2006 and have around 400 hours on them. Everything on the mower works great I maintain it regular. No rips in the seat (it is covered) tires are in great shape, fires right up every time. I am wanting to sell it and go to something a little lighter and quicker for my smaller yards like a wright stander or something. The problem is I don't know what to value it at, there is nothing around here to compare it to and my dealer seems to be valuing it low ($4000.00) and they want 15% to sell it on consignment. I can't find anything on ebay to compare it to either. Has anybody sold one like it? What did it go for? I am located in Meridian Idaho so it should compare to most anything in the northwestern states.

2. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

4 sounds about right to me. thats alot of hours.

3. colnc

colnc LawnSite Member

You think? Even with a new short block and newer hydros? Those are the two major fixes in a mowers life, it should go another 3000 with only minor things (battery, starter, tires etc.). I was thinking more around $5000.00.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would take the 4 and run. Trying to sell it to an individual.......all they are going to see is the hour meter.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Do what all the snowmobile guys are doing around here. Buy an hourmeter on ebay with less hours on it. We just sold an skidoo hour meter for over $200

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

you want the guy to commit fraud?

7. cantoo

lawnwizards, oops forgot the winking Canadian flag guy after my post.
    :canadaflag:

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

oh, i see. i thought you was one of the people that forgets that this is a public forum. :laugh:

9. cantoo

lawnwizards, no it's just that I am multitasking a little too much.
    I'm on my desktop surfing Lawnsite responding to 5 or 6 threads.
    I'm sending work emails on my laptop.
    I'm watching the Simpsons.
    My wife is talking to me about our taxes.
    And I'm eating supper.
    It's a good thing my girlfriend is away for awhile so I can relax a bit.

:dizzy::waving:

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

do you have all of the recipts showing what all was replaced, the dates and the hours recorded?

the 48" deck machines usually tend to bring a little more than the 42". do you have any options on it? lights? tail wheel lock? is it the 7.0 bushel or the 9.5 bushel hopper? 4000 sounds about right, you might be able to get 4500 out of it in the spring. this time of year just isn't the ideal time to sell any equipment, leaf season is over, next thing it would be used for would probably be spring cleanups.