1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

what to spray for crabgrass?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dura to the max, Jul 29, 2008.

1. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

my customer has a bermuda lawn that has a lot of crabgrass coming up in it. what should i spray or put on in a granular form that will kill it? need to know asap.

thanks in advance

2. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Acclaim works well on bluegrass / ryegrass lawns, but I'm not sure if its labeled for bermuda grass.

3. junior091273

junior091273 LawnSite Member

I would try Drive always worked well for us. Just watch your mix ratio's.

Don't apply in high temps.

4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

If your customer has a bad crabgrass problem in a bermuda lawn this time of year, I'm willing to bet that crabgrass isn't the only weed growing. 2 or 3 apps of MSMA will have that lawn cleaner than it has probably ever been. Adding metsulfuron or using a product that has a broadleaf herbicide plus MSMA would also be good for the first app. It's almost 100 in MS., so you might want to wait for a slightly cooler day in Georgia. Also, lay down some pre-emerge to prevent future crabgrass this season.

5. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

Baking soda and a little water!!!!