1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to use for accepting credit cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by plantdude, Dec 6, 2005.

1. plantdude

plantdude LawnSite Member

I'm having trouble finding a good way to accept cc's.

My bank doesn't have any options for me as a "seasonal business" with no real office.

It would be alot easier for me to just accept credit cards and I think I'd get more business.

What do you use?

Or is it worth the hassle?

2. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

3. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

QB should work for ya. PayPal would probably work out too.

I use http://www.paymenow.com

It is quite simple to use and not a problem getting approved. Whatever you decide make sure you compare fees and the ease of use from the c/c companies and make the best decision for you!
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Quick books. You can accept credit cards, and set up an online payment page for each customer, email statements that can be paid online, etc. The fees are very small compared to paypal. Do it.
  5. plantdude

plantdude LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tip on Quickbooks, I had no idea!

It looks quite cheap too...

Also I did a bit of asking around in other forums, and people mentioned that there's some merchant programs out there that operate via your cell phone.

Anyone had any experience with those?

I think something like that would be perfect for landscaping.

Thanks again
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

There are tons of companies that do this. Do a search on the net for credit card processing and you will see. Find the one that fits your needs, some have monthly limits, or daily limits and arent right for everyone. It is simple and not very expensive. I just do it over the phone, so i can call in my regular monthly customers once a month, and if someone stops me and wants something done I can do it with my cell phone right then and there. The good thing about doing it this way is you dont have to buy any equipment.
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Lawn & garden association
    They set me up with a terminal and "knuckle buster" for the truck free
    $5 a month
    20 cents transaction fee
    1.53% + .95% for not swiping
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our experts. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi plantdude,

I think paypal right now seems to be the easiest way to get started, possibly QB after that. But the downside of easiest way is that it may cost you more per transaction.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>
  9. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Quickbooks works great. On contract accounts you can set things up to automatically debit their card each month. Enter the info one time and you are done.
  10. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member