what to use on 7 ac. vacant lot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SERRICO, Apr 29, 2004.

1. SERRICO

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

what do you guys recommend to cut 7 ac. vacant lot?
    Lot is flat and some what leveled.

2. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

If the grass isnt high a 72 inch, but if you get the 60 inch you will be able to put it a munch of places the 72 wont go.

3. SERRICO

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

riding mower or tractor w/ bushhog?

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i would say first look at what you have. Then look at the job. If equipment is of no issue then i would say the 72" mower if you can. With this you can take on other jobs that might need a more manicured look. Pick the equipment that will be of the most value to you in the future i guess.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

72" ztr rider, or bigger

6. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

WELL, out of the equipment you have listed, I'd go with the 36" walkbehind and plan on it taking you about 4 hours to do it!

Depends on what kind of business you have. If you have mostly small residentials, it is not worth buying a 72" ZTR for this one property. (Unless they are paying you BIG $. And most likely they aren't, they are trying to get a good price for a smaller LCO.) If it doesn't fit with the kind of business you are doing, and you don't want to spend a lot of hours behind your 36" w/b - pass it on to someone set up to handle that size of lot EFFICIENTLY.

Mike

7. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

If you are looking at buying another mower anyway, I would buy a 60. It is still small enough to get into small yards and you can mow 7 acres of clear lot in a couple of hours if it's not too high, or too rough.