what to use on poison ivy?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by davesgs75, May 9, 2001.

1. davesgs75

davesgs75 LawnSite Member

I have a customer that has a wooded area, in it is poison ivy. He asked what he should use on it. The only thing that i could suggest was round up. A tree service guy that was there said there was something special for poison ivy. Now the customer wants me to find out what he should use. I was wanting to know what you guys use, and if my customer can buy it himself.

Thanks

2. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

GOATS! I read somewhere that goats will eat poison ivy. tell your customer to invest in 10 goats!:D

Seriosly though heres a site that lists some but they are mainly roundup, and broadleaf weed controls (like 2-4,d and tryclopr)http://forestry.msu.edu/extension/ExtDocs/posioniv.htm

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Rpoundup will do the job-he can buy it at home depot,get a 2 gallon sprayer,add a few drops of soap or spreader sticker and spray it.Obviously he needs to read the label,so he will know what he needs to wear,and when,and how to make the application,

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

tri-mec would burn quicker, but i am not sure on the systemic kill on the root system. Dave

5. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Brushmaster does well on all ivy.