What to use on the residential side to kill weeds in Bermuda????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE, Jul 16, 2012.

1. HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

So I have a home owner that I cut with bermuda and he has weeds (dont know exactly what being that I havent seen them yet) that just sprouted up in the last couple of days and he wants to know what he can use to kill the weeds and NOT the grass!!!

I dont have my spray license yet so there for I wont even attempt anything (even round-up for the driveway) until this winter when I will persue getting liscensed!

But he was asking me if he went to Home Depot to buy but what I told him was that he neeed to go to a specialty store because they would have what he needed and as a homeowner he could @ least get the more watered down version that would do the job for him!

BUT what I am asking from my fellow LCO's is what brand/type/dose etc...... that he needs to do and Im sure the type of weeds might have a differance but wanted to ask as of now I have no clue of spraying lol But I will be there tomorrow if anyone wants pics!!!

:drinkup:

2. Dandylyin Slayer

Dandylyin Slayer LawnSite Member

This is a different approach, usually it's somebody who his needing to treat HIS OWN LAWN.

Your customer pays you to whack his grass, tell him to pay a Licensed lco to squirt his grass !!

LOL LOL. :walking:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  3. HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE

Thats what I told him but for some reason HE think's I know all about the pestaside/herbaside relm!!!!!

COME WINTER when I HAVE TIME I will study what I Can but I'm Askin yall for some help!!!!

Also yall can check my threads/pics and see I aint no 1 time job just tryin @ help out my fellow LCO's!!!!!!!!

4. HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE

The problem is that TRUGREEN Is all they/I know in the area and IM not tryin to ADD to thier Empire!!!!

5. Dandylyin Slayer

You DON'T need any help, just tell him you don't have a clue.
    Tell him call somebody who does have a clue.

6. HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE

Thats the problem I dont want to look like and Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I told him that I dont have my spray licence but I will in the spring but that I knew some pro's (on here) that did and that I would ask them!!!!

But the problem is that I gotta cut them tommorrow!!!!

I been slammed and aint had a chance to get on here!!!!

Please I need somethin to tell him by approx 2:00 pm???

7. Dandylyin Slayer

What if he wants you to explain , brain surgery are you gonna jump on a brain surgey forum and beg for answers?

Or just tell him you don't have a clue about it ?

8. HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE

Thats the one thing I hope he dont ask me!!!!!

He likes his yard cut @ 4" and Ive told him bermuda needs to be cut @ 2.5 max and he has asked me why and I told him warm weather grass then he kept drillin me but then i looked like a fool but this time I wanted somethin to tell him.......smh

Also I have been thinking about enrolling in TWCC Horticulture prorgram to learn about EVERYTHING (that they can tell me) about the business!!!!

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Hello!!!

10. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

You will only look like a fool or an idiot if you pretend to know something you don't. Tell him the truth, you are not trained or licensed in pesticides and honestly cannot give him the correct advice. If you provide him with inaccurate information you may be held accountable for any mishaps.