What to use to cut 20 plus acres of flat lawn ? Need a pull behind mower suggestion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJB, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

2 man crew with the XS cutting the whole time and the Lazer Z after edging and trimming.

2. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

MJB,

I tow with mine too, and I believe a lot of the warnings not to are just so much "bull cookies" as Colonel Potter of MASH was prone to say. But there's no denying that some of the ZTR manufacturers have taken a dim view of it. I was just providing a possible explanation for the comment that dvmcmrhp52 made about pulling a mower behind a Z not being a good idea. But I don't know, he may have had something else in mind.

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

You can't, if you were cutting with a 72" deck at 12 mph you would have to cut at 88.5% efficiency to cut 9 acres in 70 minutes. If you cut in a straight line 6' wide at 12 mph you would only cut 10.18 acres and that is 100% efficiency.

4. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Its all good. In my first post I did not mention that it was 2 60" Lazers and 1 is a XS which is a lot faster than a Lazer Z. The place is wide open with minimal obsticles and I spray A LOT of Round Up so trimming is minimal. I have timed it 5-6 times this year. I could not believe it myself. Thanks for the reply