What to use to drag the infield

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by DRBLawnBuster, Apr 5, 2009.

1. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

An infield machine is the way to go, if you have the money. A good used one will run $6k.

On the cheap, build a nail drag. Will cost maybe $100 in materials, easy to do. Just google nail drag and you'll find some plans. A good mat drag is a wise investment. Around $100 depending on size. You can find them on the net, and I know you can get them at Lesco/JDL too, save on shipping.

2. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster LawnSite Senior Member

The nail drag worked awsome!! THanks so much only cost me about $4 to get s hooks to pull it , we had 2x4's and some one i no works for a nail company so got me nails to . THanks again guys.

3. Laketreefarm

Laketreefarm LawnSite Member

The Taylorway Infield and track renovator is a Pro machine that rakes,grades,levels and sweeps all in one pass for less than $5000. We use ours on running tracks, ballfields and even park paths.

4. rfrench

rfrench LawnSite Member

You cant beat a steel drag matt or a cocoa mat just try not to use the cocoa mat with it wet it will tend to build up mud on it and not leave a smooth finish. Just remember to stay about 1 foot away from the gras edge or you will start to build up a lip and that can stop the water draining off if you have a decent grade. You can flip a good landscape rake over and use the back to level the area that you did not get with the drag matt.