what to use?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Matts lawn care, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I am lost. What type of advertisement will give me the most calls?
    door hangers, rip cards (door hangers with rip off business cards at the bottom) of flyers. they are all about the same cost i am going to be giving our 2500 to 5000 of whatever i chose to use. Now i am leaning towards the rip cards so they have a way to hang on to my name. what do you think?

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Advertise in your local paper

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

We have had great luck with this, we advertise in late Winter and early Spring in multiple local papers. We also have pushed flyers, route specific, in the Spring. Good Luck

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with previous post. If I only had money to spend on 1 form of advertising it would be in the local paper. In Tampa we have a yellow service section on the front page of the classified section. Door hangers sound like a good idea until you have to post 5-10000 just to get maybe a dozen clients. Plus some folks don't take kindly to people hanging unsolicited flyer's on their property. It depends what newspapers are available in your area.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

ericg likes this.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is how I got started. For the cost, you are reaching 10s of thousands of readers....you can't go wrong. Sure, you will get alot of the undesirable areas and calls, but you pick through them.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Direct mail (Feb 1st) Door hangers (MAR 1st) Local Paper (Mid March to Mid April) And yellow pages rest of year.

7. BanksPower

BanksPower LawnSite Member

Local newspaper and "Word of Mouth"! Be professional and you will be amazed.

8. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

OK guys i think that i will go with the local newspaper. Do you think 10.1" by
    5" will be big enough to get some attention? I will use door hangers in areas where i already have accounts so i don't just have 1 account per stop. Has any one ever used got print? i think thats where il be getting my door hangers?

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I just placed an order with gotprint for 5000 postcards. Team Green L&L has used them and speaks highly of them. I thought about doorhangers....and then I thought about passing out 5000 doorhangers and I just will not do that. But I like the idea of passing out doorhangers around the accounts you already have.