What To Use

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by anj, Mar 7, 2007.

1. anj

anj LawnSite Member

I Have Never Put Out Fert. In My Yard Or My Clients Yard. I Have Always Paid Someone To Do It And Recomend That They Do The Same. I Want To Put Some Out In My Yard Because I Am Not Happy With What My Yard Looks Like. The Last App. Was Last Year Nov. What Should I Put Out Now That I See Weeds Coming Up In The Lawn. Bermuda Lawn About 5000sqft? I Am In Georgia Metro Atlanta.

2. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Put down 0-0-7 PRE M

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

HUH????:dizzy:

4. anj

anj LawnSite Member

Is This All That I Need To Put Out For The Entire Spring?

5. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

0-0-7? Have you done a soil test? Should then decide what is needed? Bermuda MAY be one of those grasses that doesn't like much nitrogen. Pre-E is available with lots options, but you may be sorta late after getting your soil test analysis. You could put down the 0-0-7 and then admend according to the test. If you just want to get started with something--Go with a 15-0-15. That.'s sorta run of the mill. Phosphorus may not be needed or to a minimun. It will all depend on the soil test. As for me I use Roundup on Bermuda--that's joke as I don't like it in Tennessee or in the centipede in SC.

6. anj

anj LawnSite Member

Thanks For The Help.

7. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

You hired out someone to apply to your customers lawn and that someone can't steer you in the right direction on your own lawn? Or better yet, throw you a bone for all the work you refered and take care of your lawn for a significantly reduced price?
    Time to find a new contractor to give your work to.

8. anj

anj LawnSite Member

I Never Said I Hired Out Anyone To Do My Customers Lawn I Said I Recomend That They Hire Someone To Do It For Them. I Used True Green For A Year And I Never Saw Them When They Came So I Havent Asked Them For Any Advise And I Dont Think They Would Give It To Me.

9. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry, I must of misunderstood. I thought that you were referring a particular company when you recommended that your customer hire a lawn service. I still stand by my statement of finding a new contractor. And it sounds like you already have done that.

You should do a search to find out more infor. But basically I recommend a split application of pre-emergent with the first round being a lower N somewhere in 1/2 lb per k range and then bumping to about 3/4 N on the second round.

10. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

anj: I really hate negativity, but may I just ask: If you're recommend that someone else do it yards for your people, what are you doing for them. Lawn-Pros do everything--I assure that you're just mowing and doing the bushes. I might also suggest that you get certified to do commercial pesticides and educate yourself in the use of them and fertilizers and HIRE someone to mow for you. There's a lot more respect than suggesting that they find someone else--They may just find someone else to do you job as well. I've been around the block a lot of times and you may be overlooking an opportunity. Services in the FUTURE--Hell Now are the better paying jobs. Go Ahead and Make the Jump--IF NOT ALREADY DONE SO--We're behind you.