1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What to wear?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by redoak77, Oct 11, 2004.

1. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

Up here in the midwest, it is getting a little coolier for mowing and leaf cleanup, i was wondering what all you guys where if you usually wear uniforms during the summer? Does anyone have fall/ cold weather uniforms?

2. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

WE have company t shirts for the summer but for fall we just wear jeans and a sweat shirt and/or jackets....I'll probably have some company sweatshirts / jackets made next year.....

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We just wear long sleeve shirts and a jacket if we need it.

4. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

We have sweatshirts and light hooded jackets with our company Logo on them.

Mike

5. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Guys that wear shorts switch over to long pants. We keep the short sleeve uniform shirts and wear long sleeve t's under and sweatshirts over if needed.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

We used to wear Dickies Pants and Shirts and durring winter also long underwear and a jacket( not a very heavy one though).

7. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I always have my Under Armour Long sleeved shirt under my layers. Keeps me warm, I don't sweat like a dog once I start getting warm, and is weightless. Love'em!

Brian

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

all our guys have long pants and long sleeve shirt uniforms, and each is given a hooded sweatshirt as well as a double jacket. the type wehre you can unzip the inner liner and thats a light duty coat, or zip it back in to make a really warm type ski jacket.