What trailer size ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by milkie62, May 15, 2008.

1. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

What is everyone running for trailer sizes ? Right now I am using a 7x12 dump trailer .I know that I will need a minimum of a 16' trailer since I want to use the truck for grass with a dump insert.But I am also concerned about overall length on dead end streets and so forth for turning around.I would love to get an aluminum enclosed,but just cannot afford it right now since I needed the dump trailer for cleanups and mulching jobs.I can only swing an open trailer at this time.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

now a 6x14...wish i had a 7x16+

3. milkie62

The 7x12 will only hold my ztr and 44 " walkbehind.Have to put the 21" and blower in the truck.I have all new equipment so I could only afford 1 trailer at the time and thought the dump with landscape gate was best of both worlds.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

the 6x14 fits a 52' w/b,60 ztr,push mower,edger, and thats about it!

5. milkie62

That 2' would make a difference.I would beable to get a push mower,blower and trimmer in there.Can't wait to get the enclosed trailer though.

6. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I want to get a 6x12 enclosed with a v-nose. Anybody no if the v-nose is better the the original rounded front.

7. milkie62

I know it helps on a snowmobile trailer since it gives a little extra storage up front.Plus the V-nose is designed to have a door so you can drive off fronm the front.

8. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Bigger is better for a trailer. I only have a 6x12. A 7x16 would be much better. a 7x20 would not be overkill. If you have it, you will find uses for it.

9. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

I only got a 5x10 trailer and it works ok.

10. tras

tras LawnSite Member

My 18' H&H works well for me.