What trimmer head to get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Nov 2, 2006.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have a redmax and stihl trimmer and am tired of the heads that are on them. I had a echo rapid head for a while but it takes too long loading it. I saw shindaiwa has the speed feed head. Is it worth getting and would fit both my trimmers? Any advice is appreciated.

Scott

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

It will fit you just have to get the adapter for it. You can pick those up at any dealer.

3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Yah I too am wanting to change the heads around I'm getting tired of the old stihl auto cuts.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

We need an animated 'smiley' here scratching is head.

I TOTALLY do not get you guys and your issues with trimmer heads. I've used the stihl auto-cut 25-2 trimmer head for like 5 seasons with no issues. Easy to open, wind up and put back together. Feeds perfect and lasts forever.

Just this year I added RedMax equipment... and the main thing that caught my attention about them was the 104+ trimmer head. The 4" black one. So far it seems every bit as good as the 25-2, but easier to string up and WAY EASIER to thread and put back together since the eyelets come off with the spool.

What in the world is the ISSUE exactly?

5. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

I like Shindaiwa's mannual feed the best.

6. Buckeye Lawncare

Buckeye Lawncare LawnSite Member

I agree with Envy on this one, the new Redmax heads are awesome.
    I hate the Echo heads that you have to stand on one leg, stick out your tongue, close your left eye and say a prayer to get to work right.:laugh: :laugh:

I have used them for years working for other people, and when I bought my redmax two years ago I was so excited that it didn't have the same stupid head that the echos have.

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

On your side the redmax heads are a turning point they are sooo easy to load and last two seasons or longer.

8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

This is what I have used for years, until this year I tried the speed feed :clapping: :) :dancing:

Can't beat em!!

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I'm saying...

I don't know what could be easier or quicker than this head...

Unless it hopped off the trimmer and rolled back to the truck by itself, wound it's own line on, came rolling back and jumped back on the trimmer.

10. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto what Envy said. The lack of a " echo " type head on a Stihl is the only reason I haven't bought one yet, everything else I have bought in the last 10 years has had a echo head on it and I can remove head, restring, and reinstall in about 2 minutes flat BLINDFOLDED. And it doesn't give my any problems.