1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What trimmer head to get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Nov 2, 2006.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Laziness?

I've got the Stihl auto-cut head. I don't have any issues with it, either.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Just me, but I like the echo-matic bump heads. Never had any trouble with them!

3. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

haha. I've used echo with a lawn service and hated the head on it. I do like both the redmax and stihl heads but maybe it's the string I'm using. I was using gatorline square magnum 95 and was amazed by it. When I ran out my dad was at the dealer getting some parts and came back with the round magnum which I find worthless. Does anyone see a difference with the two lines? And would 105 square fit on both trimmers?

btw, does the deflector matter?

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe that is why you never liked the Echo........throw the deflector away get some .095 Echo cord and you will do fine.

5. S man

What do you mean the crossfire line??????? I like the square magnum better.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think it matters what kind of cord you use.....I sometimes wonder if one company don't manufacture all of the cord. I was fishing around about why you don't like the Echo trimmer head?

7. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

The old "Green Machine "heads are the best.John Deere still has them for sale.

8. S man

Sometimes for no reason the head gets screwy and the string pops out and you have to wind it up again.

9. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Ive got one trimmer with this head I like it better than the bump head on my echo