What trimmer is great?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ksland, May 23, 2003.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I need a new trimmer. I have only used Echo's before, except for 1 older model Husky. I am looking for a switch, I am happy with Echo but would like a change. I am looking for suggestions from PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED ALL DIFFERENT KINDS. PLEASE DON'T SUGGEST A BRAND/MODEL JUST BECAUSE THATS WHAT YOU OWN.:rolleyes:
  2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok. Then I wont tell you I like my Shindaiwa's - T-230's. :D

I like those much better than the Redmax I have.
  3. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

The Stihl FS 85 is a great trimmer !
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I just don't get that at all :confused: Maybe there are a few people that use equipment they hate, but I think the vast majority have equipment they like. I know I would ditch any piece I didn't like :rolleyes: To anyone else looking for advice based what others use, I use Shindaiwa T230's. Never let me down and they are a nice light-weight machine. I used the 6-year-old one today on every account...that speaks volumes for the quality.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

This is like the third identical post of trimmers in the past 2 days...:dizzy:

Well, in any event-----may i suggest the echo 260?:confused:
  6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

........or maybe a shindiawa, an lco i work for has one of these as well ;)
  7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i like the shin stuff. i also have a couple of kawasaki kbl s6a trimmers, they feel half the weight and as much power as the t270 someone stole off my trailer.
  8. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa takes a lick'en and keeps on tick'en. Yesterday in a hurry to my last yard, cut down a rough back street. I don't lock the padlocks between yards just hook them and let them hang. well one bounced out and my new Shidaiwa 260 goes rolling across the pavement at 25mph:cry: just a couple of scuffs and cracked the plastic ear over the muffler off. did fire right up though. Got an echo 2100 split boom too, but prefer the shin for trimming. Marc
  9. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I've used a bunch of brands... I would have to say that you really can't go wrong with either Shindiawa or Red Max. They both take a licking and keep on ticking. Nice power to weight ratio, very operator friendly... or at least that's how I feel.
  10. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Well everything i own except my ZTR and walkbehind are husqvarna. I buy those because i like them and they have been very dependable. Eventually i might switch over all my mowers to Husqvarna also.