What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
  1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Dolmar 4 stroke
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's all about the fs100, light, powerful, and well balanced
  3. ncpete

ncpete LawnSite Senior Member

I'm using a stupid old Ryobi 720r that just keeps going. I am expecting it to die soonish, and will replace the power head with the Toro carried by HD, at about $180, while I save up for more expensive tools, that may last longer. The Ryobi I bought when I bought this house, 18 years ago. It has certainly seen its fair share of use, but I am not tossing it, until it dies. Some would argue that I should just move on already, and use this one as a backup, but not me.
  4. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

how many lawns do u maintain?
  5. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa t270 that I bought in 2005 still runs good
  6. ncpete

ncpete LawnSite Senior Member

10, plus mine. looking for a decent deal on a 36 - 48" WB so that I can take some gigs for a foreclosed property management company to increase my volume, and get my name out more. They don't like my current mower, even though the properties they have sent me so far could easily be done with my old JD tractor and my 21"
    I have used this Ryobi for more than a few "post cleanup days" on Fort Bragg when I was in the Army, any one of which it saw about 8 hours of nearly continuous use each day. After I got out, it saw less use, as it was just used around my house, and then I was working as a retail manager so it saw no use while I was working 90 hour weeks. After leaving that job, I changed the plug, fuel filter and lines, and primer bulb, and it started this spring. I don't even remember cleaning the carburetor. After a few yard cleanups, and some "weed eat" only jobs, I would guess this thing has around 200 hours on it - which I understand is well past the expected life span of these things.
    I got the Gravely in my signature to reduce the stress on it when going after substantially overgrown yards. 190cc moves that string on it's 22 inch arc with some authority.
  7. BladeGunner

BladeGunner LawnSite Member

Husqvarna 323L
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. smallengineshop

smallengineshop LawnSite Member

Dolmar 4 stroke or maruyama
  9. wsfrench777

wsfrench777 LawnSite Member

redmax is the runner up...for me at least. ive had stihls, shindaiwa, dolmar, echo.. but when I got my first Husqvarna 326ls..(actually I think it was a lsx) I knew I was a Husqvarna guy. light weight, screaming power. I ditch the guards and run speed feeds. a 323 is just as good. thinking about the 327 of 525. actually selling my 2660's and 3060's redmax's. gonna upgrade to all new husqvarnas.
  10. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

Love redmax but Stihl is awesome when most power is neededmPosted via Mobile Device