What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

?

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO

OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO LawnSite Member
    from USA

I Use A Echo SRM225. It Is Excellent! I Recently Bought A Brand New Stihl FS56RC-E From My Local Dealer & I Can't Get It To Stay Running, Any Help???
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. crankincraig

crankincraig LawnSite Member

FS90 new this year after my old Shindawia just wore itself out.

Oak Tree Lawn ; you mention FS56 was new , any chance it is under warantee. Back to the dealer ??

3. pacificdrumma

pacificdrumma LawnSite Member
    from CT

Stihl KM130R with AutoCut 25-2 spool head. Love it.

4. Immaculate Landscaping

Immaculate Landscaping LawnSite Member

I perfer the Shindaiwa T254 very strong. Very poplar in NJ

5. Immaculate Landscaping

Immaculate Landscaping LawnSite Member

ooops! I mean Prefer

6. Liberty Lawnworks

Liberty Lawnworks LawnSite Member

I vote for the Husqvarna 223L if we're talking price in relation to performance and reliability. It's $230. Yes, it's a cable shaft so it's not a true full-on commercial model, but it's more than enough for weekly maintenance and edging. Mine has been going strong for seven years now (2 of those commercially). It's very easy to change the line, it accommodates the .095 Magnum Gatorline Supertwist that I prefer, and it is noticeably lighter than most straight-shaft trimmers.

7. hmlawn

hmlawn LawnSite Member

I have a tie between Echo and Stihl. I love my 90R but my echoes are beat to heck and both 16+ years old and still run like champs, so kind of a tie here. In all honesty there's no problem with any of those brands, if you treat it right and maintain it well any of those brands will last you a long time.

8. pacificdrumma

pacificdrumma LawnSite Member
    from CT

Check out a Stihl FS56RCE, 0.095 line, very powerful, light weight. Same head as a $400 FS130.

9. Creekpaddler

Creekpaddler LawnSite Member

I use a Stihl FS110R for cutting everything from grass to small trees and as a pole pruner. Very adaptable machine.:usflag:

10. AllSeasonsLandscape

AllSeasonsLandscape LawnSite Member

I've used almost all of the stihl line (everything but the 130) and most of the echo line and I prefer the Husqvarna 223L for all day use. It's much lighter and still has plenty of power, plus I love the head on it.