1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
  1. CND23

CND23 LawnSite Member

String Trimmers - Any commercial Tanaka. These things are so overbuilt they will last until you run it over with a truck or throw it off a cliff. Thier just as beast as Shin if not more. Only reason I can think their not more popular is price (and they use 50.1 mix) but I have two and their worth every penny. I've haven't used a redmax trimmer before and echo I used once and didn't like it comparably. But for hedge trimmers echo would be my top pick for use and price (have 1 HS-150 and another larger echo forget model) not as durable as stihl though. If I wanted to pay $500 I might try a tanaka hedge trimmer heh.
  2. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

I run an Echo SRM-225 with a speed feed. I'm looking to possibly get a trimmer with a bit more power. I find the srm-225 is underpowered in some conditions. Definitely getting another echo though.
  3. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

4. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

Stihl heavy to me! Have a Fs-KM90R. have Shindy T242 and blue T231X here. both have speed feed heads. And, also have a Le242 edger. Best trimmers ever to me!
  5. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

Most higher end equipment for the professional line is 50:1 oil to gas mix.