1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
  1. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Husqvarna 323l, light and easy to use, got it for free 6 years ago. I prefer to own stihl equipment though.
  2. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

cub cadet 2 cycle 31 cc brushcutter.
  3. Jims Lawncare

Jims Lawncare LawnSite Member

Stihl.....cant beat them
  4. jay12

jay12 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Good luck with all our redmaxs. New ones are cold natured but they run out very well.
  5. bmc1025

bmc1025 LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl but I hate the gas caps. If we had a good dealer for Tanaka or Husquvarna I would own either of them.
  6. dcjb

dcjb LawnSite Member

fs 55 back up is old homelite bought in 97
  7. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I rub a Redmax 2401 (which I really like) and a 2005 or 2006 Shindaiwa T231 (second owner) that is pretty much dead at this point, it was a GREAT trimmer and I am replacing it with a T242 in the near future.
  8. 1bigdaddy62

1bigdaddy62 LawnSite Member

Did you experience trouble starting the Shindaiwas after they got warm? We have 4 of the Shindaiwas and they sit in the shop because the guys always pick the Echos first.
  9. HudsonBrosLawnCare

HudsonBrosLawnCare LawnSite Member

I use only Stihl trimmers, blowers, hedgetrimmers, ect.
  10. S_Perrreault

S_Perrreault LawnSite Member

I have a Shindaiwa T242 and a T231 and they are great - if they are overheating after use make sure they have BPMR6A plugs - and have real clean air - and speed feed

I used a T231 for 5 years exclusivley for 40 lawns/week and had it re-built after that for 100 bucks and its now a like-new backup to my 242

i do use stihl for blowers and a saw and love them too, but those shindaiwas are nice