1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
  1. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

kawasaki love it,bets echo hands down
  2. Cajun Cleanin'

Cajun Cleanin' LawnSite Member

Stihl FS55 for years until some piece of SH$T stole it today.I just bought a Stihl 90 4 stroke.
  3. mountainmowinman

mountainmowinman LawnSite Member

I have used Stihl and Echo for years. Both build strong products.

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

redmax 2650
  5. michiganmower10

michiganmower10 LawnSite Member

deff shindaiwa, a 12 yr old shindaiwa 230 and a 6 yr old 242, i like the 230 hands down, alot of power for its size and durable, was going to buy a T261 or T272 this yr but since echo bought out shindaiwa, you cant get them now...
  6. yardude

yardude LawnSite Member

Husky 326LS: Lightweight, powerful, dependable & under $300.00 new. I believe Kawasaki is the only other unit that competes in the weight category.
  7. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

I run Echo and Shindaiwa. No complaints about either of them. Awesome trimmers!
  8. LBA1999

LBA1999 LawnSite Member

I use a Husqvarna 325L trimmer which at 9lbs was the lightest trimmer on the market when I bought it 7 or 8 years ago. I love it. the husquvarna head is so easy and the thing is very well balanced. It always starts on second pull and even though every cosmetic part has broken, I've been through 3 trimmer heads, and the shaft is bent it still runs great.
  9. ochosdaddy

ochosdaddy LawnSite Member

Who's received more than two years of daily commercial use from a Stihl FS90? I bought two and both crudded out long before I feel they should have. Ended up buying three old school FS80r units since that the dealer still had in stock. Tried and true, just too bad the EPA got involved.
  10. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

My 6 &5 yr old beat to **** fs-110's died last yr my 3 ,2,1,this yr old fs130 's are still kicking butt!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device