What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
  1. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've had 'em all and for me and my guys Redmax is the best, Stihl is a distant second. However, the only brushcutters we use are Stihl FS-250's.
  2. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Im with him on kawasaki.
  3. tlcmontreal

tlcmontreal LawnSite Member

echo is garbage imo, feels cheap and doesnt have the power for patches of rly thick long grass or weeds. The redmax line is what i swear by, high quality high power. the 2650 has balls of steel my friends, balls...of...steel...!!!
  4. Fordman8410

Fordman8410 LawnSite Member

I run a redmax bcz2650t and a echo srm265t, i'll take the redmax over the echo any day.
  5. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

I HAVE THREE SEARS :waving:
  6. 2stroked

2stroked LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna 322l
  7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I used STIHL... they had a recall on their gas caps on their trimmers. However I do not like their heads, they need to make a speed feed like the shindys.
  8. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Sold the 110 (too heavy) gave the 76 to my father-in-law (too old) now I have been using a Redmax 2350 and a Husqvarna 223l. I will not go back to stihl for trimmers. I have a fs130 that I have a edger attachment on.
  9. docjones

docjones LawnSite Member
    from WV

Do yourself a favor and go look at Maruyama trimmers. Stihl are too heavy and people are stuck on them because of the name "Stihl". Shindiawa has gone down hill since Echo buyout. As far as I know Husqvarna owns Redmax and makes many Sears brand trimmers. So if you really want a Husqvarna, go find a Sears and take a coupon with ya. Maruyama is making some darn good equipment. For those who like the Speed Feed head on Shindaiwa, Maruyama makes a similar speed feed which IMO is better designed and quicker to load. They also have a 5 year commercial warranty. Check'em out.
  10. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

no offense but marayama suck! Gutless, and heavy. My dealer pushed them real hard and now they are all coming back. Seems the new ones are worse than the older. He is now Going to stop carrying their trimmers. I tried demoing one last summer and the thing just has no power.
    Posted via Mobile Device