What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

?

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. dalemiles

dalemiles LawnSite Member

Hey DLC. Not sure what model/year your Stihl trimmers are, however their latest trimmers from 2011 and onward have redesigned caps that fix the pesky locking mechanism that were problematic with their legacy units (assuming that's the cap issue you speak of). Stihl also had a recall of all Stihl models that used that toolless cap design (trimmers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, etc) and the newly redesigned cap seems to have resolved this problem.

Here's the link to Stihl's recall notice for their fuel cap design problems. http://www.stihlusa.com/recalls/recall_toolless_cap/

2. DVF Lawn Care

DVF Lawn Care LawnSite Member

1994 Stihl FS75. Runs great, I use it every week

3. 8rickyj

8rickyj LawnSite Member

Sthil FS110 I still have my first FS100 just in case

4. MSeals

MSeals LawnSite Member

husqvarna 322L is the one i use daily. If any problems come with that, ill use my backup smaller 223L or if im really desperate ill think about my echo srm225. But husqvarna all the way.

5. abelslawntreecare

abelslawntreecare LawnSite Member

Srm 265's here have two about three seasons old i have used shindwia and redmax,stihl they are all pretty good from buddys of mine from a diffrent lcos.

6. eaglescout1993

eaglescout1993 LawnSite Member

Had a sthil and red max said screw the horrible starting on the stihl and bogging down the red max on long edging. got a tanaka... best trimmer iv ever used. Have yet to bog down the engine Dan starts first or second pull from a cold engine.

7. jkolson

jkolson LawnSite Member

Husqvarna 455 rancher and a 136

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i use Stihls...everybody has there own preferences and reasons for owning what brands they use but i have had really good luck with stihl

9. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

i also run stihl, cant beat them

10. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

I just recently bought a stihl fs 90r and i love it! very powerful and quite ergonomic. can get little heavy after carrying it around all day at 12+ pounds but i still love it. I used the echo cross-fire line and it works much better than the stihl line. :)