What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

?

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. homecutspro1

homecutspro1 LawnSite Member

I used stihl (unit is hard to start) maryuma (current) and shindiawa (current)

2. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

I use the stihl fs 90 r :clapping: and it is very comfortable but can get heavy holding it all day long.

3. PAlawn

PAlawn LawnSite Member

T242 pro and 35 both shindaiwa. Intersted in trying some other brands stuff but have had good luck with these trimmers. the 35 is old but still works realy well and is powerful. So far very satisfied with these and no complaints as of yet.

4. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

Adjusting the valves will help with the starting.

5. ric1

ric1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

FS 90R & FS 110 Here.

6. GSO LAWNEN4CER

GSO LAWNEN4CER LawnSite Member
    from GSO NC

Husqvarna trimmers and blowers!

7. WillsLandscape

WillsLandscape LawnSite Member

I primarily use a 2012 Stihl FS-90R, with the Autocut 25-2, and I have an old 1999 Echo SRM-2601 (25.4 cc) with the fixed line head, and a 1997 Echo SRM-3100 (30.5 cc, a true beast) with a fixed line head.

8. bigredd

bigredd LawnSite Member

I have used a Stihl FS90 (bike handle) for past few years and have no complaints other than hard to use as an edger.

Recently picked up a used Shindaiwa 242 that came with string trimmer head, AH hedge trimmer, and both long and short shafts. It's a complete trimming and hedging package. Really like the balance of the short shaft with the AH hedge trimmer, and the long shaft for trimming high shrubs. Will probably be using the FS90 only with a brushcutter blade now. I'm now a Shindaiwa fan for trimmers.

9. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

I think the Stihl and Shindaiwa trimmers are the best... They are also the only trimmers I have used...

10. amosslmope

amosslmope LawnSite Member

Echo srm-266, shindaiwa t242, and kawasaki ktf27a are my favorites.