What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

?

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. Paragon World

Paragon World LawnSite Member

I use the Stihl fs110 rc it has plenty of power and is a solid machine. not sure what others think of it but Ive had good luck with them

2. crslolbkr

crslolbkr LawnSite Member

Kaw KTFR27 - 10 lbs. Have had no problems. I use it for trimming grass around obstacles and maintaining edges.

Again...10 lbs. love it.

3. tavery

tavery LawnSite Member

Interested in if you recommend the 27cc Tanaka. (I think it is the largest one) I am ready to replace my 26cc RM this year. I put two guys on them to trim 17 acres of tombstones, looking for the light weight of a two stroke,needing low vibration and easy to start. they only been seeing about 200hrs/year lately since it is all we do.

4. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I use the stihl fs 130 trimmers , they have the most dealers in the area and seem to have a great resale value used , they last a long time as well , also have had the fs90 and fs110 they are fine as well , i like the stihl line up of small equipment.

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

husqvarna or honda

6. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

an ancient green machine 3000m really its a redmax and a broke a$$ Srm-230

7. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

i have had great luck with the Stihl fs 90r's and 130r's ...

8. oznort

oznort LawnSite Member

Stihl fs100rx. I've had it for 3 years trimming 15+/week and haven't had to do anything but adjust the idle and switch out the gas caps. I'll be picking up a fs90r soon. I'm not a hardcore commercial user but I've had nothing but good experiences with Stihl products.

9. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa or Tanaka. The older Redmax machines were good but I think they are junk now. I am mostly running Shindaiwa trimmers with Redmax backpack blowers, but have recently been running some Tanaka trimmers and think that they are just as good as anything else on the market. They are VERY easy starting.

10. CuttingEdgeLawnGuys

CuttingEdgeLawnGuys LawnSite Member

STIHL FS100RX and a Husqvarna 223L Rather the Husky honestly but the STIHL is way more reliable.