1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Nov 25, 2010.

What Trimmer do you use?

1. Stihl

299 vote(s)
  2. Echo

179 vote(s)
  3. Redmax

75 vote(s)
  4. Shindaiwa

78 vote(s)
  5. Other (state below)

78 vote(s)
  1. jnickell

jnickell LawnSite Member

We have always had the best success with Stihl. It is worth the extra cost.

2. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

all my stuff is stihl. never had a problem with them yet. and plus that is all my dealer carries, so that is what i run. Good pieces of equipment. They are expensive though...
  3. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

Agreed on the expensive part. I have a 2004 Stihl BR 550 and she starts up every time at least on the second pull. Just picked up a brand new FS110R yesterday and it runs amazing. Well worth the money. Especially since I can run 1/4 the throttle and get almost more than I could with a homeowner model with all the torque from the 4 - mix engines.
  4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Big vote for Honda 35cc trimmer...a true POWER~gem thus far!
  5. mpriester

mpriester LawnSite Member
    Male, from Dunbar, Pa.

i run a Husqvarna 327rjx as my daily trimmer but recently purchased a Stihl fs70r as the husky quit on me(luckily its under warranty), power seems to be about the same but for me the husky seems a more comfortable trimmer to use. Other than that i have no complaints about either one as they are both good choices.
  6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 LawnSite Member

I use stihl fs90r's for trimming.
  7. Snydermf

Snydermf LawnSite Member

Been running Stihl FS-110R and RX since they came on the market (6 years?), now running the FS-100RX (2 of them) since its a little lighter, with the 110Rx as back up, run the 110R with an edger head and occasionally the hedge trimmer head. Stihl all the way for me, anything that can run 6+ years in "commercial" (mowing 40-60 lawns a week) use with only regular maintenance is worth the investment
  8. grassguy03

grassguy03 LawnSite Member

Husqvarna 323
  9. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

redmax,,, only other thing ive ever owned was stihl, this is why i use red max, just no comparison. would like to try a shindy or a husky though.
  10. austins35

austins35 LawnSite Member

I have a few Stihl trimmers I use different trimmers for different purposes "Like everyone else I'm sure"

FS80 (same power head for lots of older stick units, including pole pruners) is a great all around trimmer

FS90 good i use it for slightly heavier trimming

FS110 is what I use most excellent power to weight ratio blade or line

FS130 a beast mainly used with a blade no to keep line on this machine it's a torque monster

FS250 and FS550 mainly used with a shredder blade or Aero blade used to destroy buildings, truck tires (yes it has happened), fences, small saplings, bushes, vines, thick grasses, etc etc