What Trimmers and edgers do not leak all over?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Do they manufacture any trimmers and edgers today that can ride on a trailer that do not leak fuel all over, out the air filter and muffler?

Thanks
    Jay

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

we dont have any problems with ours,we turn them so the fuel opening in facing upward...

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I don't have a problem with mine either

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

No problem here.

5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a trimmer that gets fuel all over during operations because I don't run it at top speed. The manufacturer says to go at it full throttle at all times, but most of my trimming work doesn't require that many RPMs and I hate getting stuff flung at me like that.

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

It's the heat, try loosening the caps a bit, just enough for some air to escape, the leaking will most likely cease.

7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I had an Echo trimmer that leaked like that. I had to let it ride in the bed of my truck, wedged in so it would stay upright. No problems like that with other makes I've had.

8. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

my dealer said to go full throttle at all times because it can cause the clutch to fail.

9. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

I have never had a Shindaiwa trimmer (and I've had a bunch) that didn't, at some point in it's career, leak at the gas cap when in the trimmer rack on the trailer. Dunno if it's a design flaw, or something I'm doing...mebbe buying new gas caps on a regular basis will fix it...dunno.

Prolly need to redesign my trimmer racks so they are held in the rack...with the gas cap pointing up...just have never got around to it. Really has never been a problem when I'm running the Trimmer...just on the rack.

Oh well...mebbe manana.

10. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

STILH IS THE ONLY ONES THAT DONT LEAK ON MY TRUCK> I HAVE ECHO>TANAKA>STIHL