1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What truck do you use ??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by arborist-28, Nov 29, 2004.

1. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

I am considering a newer truck for my new lawn care venture...I've done this before but I just was curious to see what others where driving and how fuel prices and the cost of doing business now play in there decisions ... I appreciate your suggestions and responses ...cc thanks again for the help ...

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

2003 Chevy 1 ton dump, gas prices wouldn't steer me away from what I felt was the best truck for us.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with everything but the Chevy part. :p

00000124.JPG

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I upgraded to a full size 1/2 ton 2wd truck this year with a v-8 engine. I had been using a small truck with a v-6 but the size equipment and weight I was carrying was making it un safe. I dont push snow so I didnt see the need for a 4wd

5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

2001 Chevy 2500HD, 8.1 vortec w/allison transmission - nice truck after the 95 F250 it replaced.

BobR

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now I am using a 2003 Ford ranger FX4 with the 4.0 V6. It does a pretty good job pulling my 5 x 10 trailer for now, but I think it's going to get worn out quick. I want to move up to the F250 FX4 with the V8. I think that will get the job done.

Hey 65hoss, beautiful truck.

7. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

chevy 2500HD with 4x4 plow package and 8 foot bed does it for me!

8. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

1996 F250 7.3 PS, 4X4, 8ft bed with goose neck and bump hitch. This truck is doing great and when it starts the nickel & dime effect, I'll buy another brand new one.

9. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

f350 ext cab 7.3 turbo diesel dooly
    f450 reg cab 7.3 turbo diesel dooly w/ reading landscaper bed

even though diesel is high i would change it for anything these trucks pull anything i need them too.

10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Nice wheels, Hoss!

2001 F350 7.3 P/S diesel, 4x4, auto, steel dump. Green in color, of course! :)

I need to upgrade my 2nd truck, 1997 F-150 to something like 65hoss has.