1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What Truck is everyone using?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stuffdeer, Apr 27, 2006.

1. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello All,

At the end of this year, I'm looking at upgrading my truck. I am only 15, and have a chevy s-10 4x2. I want to know what you all drive, and the size of the trailer is pulls.

Also are oyu happy with it?

Also make suggestions for me, not over 20,000, and newer. I will be towing a 6x12 trailer.

2. Collegepro

Collegepro LawnSite Senior Member

well i have a 2001 4x4 ford f-150 supercrew lariat, not much of a work truck but i use it to haul everything I have and use my old 1985 ranger for all the junk.....i pull a homeade trailer i built in shop class which is about 16ft long and weighs a lot, not for sure on the exact weight but it gets the job done easily...this truck i got for only 18,000 with 58,000miles.....

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Everyone's using a Dodge. Duh! Get with the program!

:waving:

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, right:hammerhead:

Don't listen to Jim, He's just mad because he bought a Dodge.

1995 F-150 5.0 with auto. It pulls a 7X16 tandem axle trailer.

Recommended truck is a F-250 work truck.

5. Madstriper

Madstriper LawnSite Member

I have an 02 F250 plain white worktruck with 5.4 and auto. Wishing I had a smaller more fuel efficient truck. All my running is local, loaded with equipment in bed with aluminum topper, Im getting around 11 mpg.
    Anyone know what a 4 cylinder nissan might get with a small trailer and equipment......maybe 1500 pounds?

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Just got a 2003 Ford F250 Superduty Lariat with the 6.0 Turbo diesel. I love the power. Tows an 18 foot landscape trailer.

My only advice on buying another truck, shop around. When you are all ready to buy a truck, wait a minute. walk away if only for an hour or two, but preferably over night, and think about. Talk it over with a parent, friend, trusted person (not your car salesman). Then if it's still a decent deal and it's the truck you want, then go for it.

Good luck to ya.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

F-350 PSD's

8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

V6 S-10. I like gas efficiency since my work area is fairly wide.

Cheers
    Jeff

9. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

10. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

98 GMC 2500 with a 8 foot fisher plow with 84K on the clock. After looking for a few months i got this thruck for $10,800 manual window, ac, new paint job, 5.7 350 no push button 4x4. I lovin this truck its a beast. Look around there are good and bad in every truck due your homework know what the truck is worth before you buy it. BTW use the s10 as long as you can if you are not getting into plowing.