1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Truck Pulls your equipment around?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lawn Expert Lawn Care, Jan 27, 2012.

What Truck Pulls Your Equipment?

1. Dodge Ram

2. Chevy Silverado

3. Ford F-X50

4. Toyota Tundra

5. Honda Ridgeliner

0 vote(s)
  6. Cadillac Truck

1. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

2002 Dodge ram 1500... Just started last April but u gotta start somewhere
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

2 Cummins'

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

1997 F-150 4x4
  4. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

Had a 2007 ram 1500 with the 3.7L V6 and it couldn't pull a trailer of feathers uphill! I would have to put my pedal to the floor on some hills to get it up to 35mph while only towing a 12ft single axle trailer with one zero turn. That thing was a DOG! Now I upgraded to a 2008 Ram 2500 4x4 quad cab long bed with the HEMI and the difference was night and day. That thing hauls like a boss! To bad I didn't get an 09' or newer Ram with the Hemi. The 09's and up have the multi-cylinder shut-off which shuts the engine down to 4 cylinders when highway driving or stopped automatically. Then when you need the power, all 8 cylinders kick in instantly. It saves you around 30% in gas compared to an engine without multi-cylinder shut-off.

Dodge was also working on a hybrid hemi for the 1500 that was set to be released in 2010. It was supposed to have all the power of the hemi you would expect but with the fuel savings that come with a hybrid. To bad they went bankrupt before they could release it. I guess Fiat put the brakes on the project. :( They have the hybrid hemi currently on the new dodge durangos though.

Here are some pics of my new truck:

5. JMK Lawn Service

JMK Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Should have got a cummins if your going to be in a dodge, would have twice the power and way better gas milage with all 6 cylinders running all the time.
  6. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

7. dixiechopper1999

dixiechopper1999 LawnSite Member

2006 chevy 2500 duramax
  8. Fast Eddy

Fast Eddy LawnSite Member

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. mattman90

mattman90 LawnSite Member
    from TN

Im a believer in the 1st gen powerstrokes (1994.5-97). They are cheap, parts are cheap, and they dont make them like they used to. I run 1 reg cab single wheel ton and 1 crew ton. Sometimes I consider buying a newer one, not because I like them or want one, but because I am self conscious about my appearance running '97 model trucks (even though they are both very clean and nice looking). Then I remember that in the past year, I drove 65k miles. In all those miles, I put in a clutch and ball joints on one and a neutral safety switch in the other, and they are paid for. That makes me content with my 15 year old trucks.
  10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

2001 Silverado SLT 4x4 5.3 V-8

It's a work truck with leather, heated, 6-way power seats. :laugh:
    I just turned over 52,000 miles last week. :p

Summer wheels...

Winter wheels...