what truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Trevor8, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I have been looking at trucks and cant decide between a ford f150 crew cab with a 5.8 or a toyota tundra double cab with a 5.7. Both are around the same price. not worried about the recent problems on toyota. What do you think i should do. No dodge and No chevy. Dodge=bad Chevy=bad dealer. What are your experiences with these trucks by the way they would both be 2010. Also should i go used. The new ones only cost 4000 ish more that an 06 07 with 30000+ miles

2. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

New one for $4000 more and 3-4 year more warranty than the old is the sensible choice.

3. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

what kind of fuel mileage does each get, I like fords, but would be inclined to try a Toyota out...good luck

4. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

The toyotas get around 13 mpg and the fords around 15 mpg. We have looked at reviews and it seems that the toyota is not that great so i was trying to find someone with a toyota to help me out on this

5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Quality will be about the same with both. If you drive carefully the Tundra will get better gas mileage without a load, hwy or city. Under load I think the Ford would do better on mileage.

The Toyota will tow/stop/handle better than the Ford.

The 5.7 in the Toyota is very strong and it will make the Ford look like a toy.

My opinion.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Well first off the Fords engine is a 5.4l. Personally i would go with the Ford. I absolutely love my 09, and everything about it. Mine will get 20 hwy, and 15 in town. Towing i havent really checked, since it has not towed all that much yet. I have friends with Tundras and they like em well. Just complain about the fuel economy. Altho one of my friends loved his tundra at first and then a year later hated it with a passion, and now he has a new dodge. Said its twice the truck the Tundra is...not sure about that statement tho...ha! Either way its not a bad choice.

7. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Buy AMERICAN

8. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

so the Toyota then? it has more American workers touch it than the ford does

10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Here's the way that I look at it. If you want a truck, go for the american ones (GM, Ford, Dodge) and if you want a car go for the Toyota or Honda.

But I have no experience whatsoever with toyata trucks. I know the Nissan ones are nice though.