1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Apr 19, 2004.

Whats your workhorse truck?

1. Ford

59 vote(s)
  2. GMC

10 vote(s)
  3. Chevy

28 vote(s)
  4. Dodge

20 vote(s)
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
  1. Teff's Lawn & Snow

Teff's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

2002 F-350 Powerstroke, now that I've run the powerstroke I will never buy any thing else. Love the truck.
  2. Tevi

Tevi LawnSite Member
    from KY

If you ever want a bullet proof tranny for your Fords call Brians Trick Shop in Leadhill Ark.They are incredible.
  3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

2003 F-250 with 6l diesel, mhhhmmmm[​IMG]
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

My ford with the rebuild tranny (c6) and about 20k on the tranny has been notin but problems. Fix Or Repair Daily
  5. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

2004 International 8600 6x4 14-speed split-shift rear-axle. Enough to pull your entire fleet of equipment and then some!!
  6. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

02 Dodge 2500 cummins with 5 speed tranny. I love this truck. Engine is smooth and powerful. 19-21 mpg with no trailer, and pulls like a dream. My only regret is not getting 4wd.

7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

That is absolutely crazy!!!#$^%@
  8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

2004 2500hd Duramax Diesel 4x4. The quietest diesel on the market and 310hp.
  9. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Metro, I'm real partial to the first gen Cummins trucks too.. sure wish I could find one that I could afford, that was clean.
  10. Cod

Cod LawnSite Member

I've owned an F150 and a Silverado, and like someone mentioned earlier, they are pretty neck-and-neck other than the crappy transmission that the Fords use these days. To be honest, it is still mostly personal preference. Where one company accels, another may not......and vice versa.