what type lazer z would be best for me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by s&wlawncare, Sep 26, 2003.

1. s&wlawncare

s&wlawncare LawnSite Member

I am wondering what type lazer z would be best for me. I have three 2 acre accounts and 2 churches and 25 average size which i either use a walker or my sst18 that i have now on but the john deere is just to slow and wont cut the damp grass, so i am selling it. i am looking to get more commercial accounts this year before i transfer to auburn to go to school there, but i plan to try to run my buisness down there. so what type lazer do yall would be best for me.

2. costcutter

costcutter LawnSite Member
    from georgia

one thing you can do is judge it by how much room you have to cut ,by that I mean do you have a lot of tight areas or is all open. if your open go with bigger deck, if tight areas are a problem go with 48 or 52 inch but on a laser I would not go under the hp model.

3. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

How about a Stander. Why do you need the Lazer Z. Do you have to grass catch alot?

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The only person that can tell the correct answer is you. You need to demo several sizes on your properties to see what works best for you. I like the 52" HP because its small footprint makes tightly landscaped areas a breeze. It still has the speed of the full size without the length. I handle 1/4 acre to 2+ acre properties. Residential and comm'l types.

Demo demo demo, is the only way to know.

5. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you want to stand all day when you could set all day.

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i love sitting all day.i just wish if they made a ztr you could lay down in....lol

7. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

To save $3000?????? Maybe

8. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

QUOTE:
    How about a Stander. Why do you need the Lazer Z. Do you have to grass catch alot?

if i am going to pay 3,4 or 8000$ for a mower, it better come with a seat. :)

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto, I'm with 65hoss on this one. I like the compact mower with shorter overall lenght, like the Lazer HP. My Kees is only 6' long.

If I were you, I'd shedule a demo of a 23/52 Lazer Z HP and then a demo of a 27/60 Lazer. Take them out for a good demo and forget all about price while you are out there. Try them both in several areas and make sure you take notes for a good comparison.

This is the only way to know what's best for you.

10. s&wlawncare

s&wlawncare LawnSite Member

What do you think the best price is i could get on a 20 horse 52" cut lazer, my dealer wants $7200 for a new one. I think thats a little high. Give me your opinions.