1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What type of advertisement?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Drew Gemma, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of advertisement yields the best return in the long run. Flyers, phone book commercial papers adds?
  2. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

The "Jedi Mind Trick" is the way to go !!

"You need your lawn mowed.....Yes, I need my lawn mowed"

See it works every time!
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

for me personally it has been word of mouth and yellow pages
  4. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Word of mouth will always be the best advertisement. The YP's didn't work at all for me. I get more calls from local fliers, and mailings than anything else.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Drew Gemma,

Happy Customers.
  6. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

do them all and figure out what works best for you, well that is kinda expensive so that might not be the best way. Try to keep your happy customers happy and offer a refferal program that should help alot. :cool2:
  7. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

The newspaper has done nothing for me, I was 1 of 8 ads for mowing, then 1 of 26 overnight, I moved my ad to the Landscaping section, which is above the Lawn Service to get to the top....with the AA guys, only 2 in this section, $80.00 for this///1 month...... ran a custom ad in the Special Section of the paper that runs every Thursday only....nothing$ 260.00 for 2 months,,,,, I am trying one last shot at this Sundays paper, they are running a special on Springs "Do's and Don'ts" for yard care....$70.00 a pop for this one....word of mouth seems to keep me floating, some "High Class" people told me this town sticks to "Who you know" to get things done, it appears to be true....but one brick at a time I should have my wall built.......
  8. ToroLover

ToroLover LawnSite Member

For us it's definately word of mouth.