What type of advertising now?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by splatz100, Sep 19, 2005.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Well its about that time when the grass starts to slow down and I dont want to. I'm designing a postcard right now and I don't know if I should send it out now. I guess the question is, will customers respond. I will be offering a weekly lawn maintenance, shrub trimming, leaf removal, edging, landscape maintenance, spring clean ups, and winter rye. I plan on printing 2500 cards and am unsure. Either they will be inserted in the local newspaper, bulk mailed, small free newspaper, or just handed out(dont really want to do that).
    What are you guys opinions, should I go ahead and do it, or wait and go with what I have??
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi splatz100,

What services could your customers use now? Could you include those services on your postcard?
    <table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates.Make your own logo Free.</center>
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would say Core Aeration RIGHT AWAY but the soil DOES need to be moist and you kinda need to know a little bit about it and yes it is hard work but it pays good and it does not take forever to learn, just some practice and some basics like remember to ALWAYS mark sprinkler heads with flaggots beforehand.
    SOME people have their own but You can get 100 flaggots for 7 or 8 dollars at Home Depot or Lowe's that is what I did so then IF the customer does not have their own they can use mine: Either way after I am done, I ALWAYS pick up the flaggots (whether theirs or mine) as this is a good way to re-walk the entire area to see if you missed a large spot.
    If is their flags, I leave them in a neat pile by the door or garage, if is mine, they go back in the truck. ez does it.