1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What type of advertising works best?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by LawnStars2012, Mar 3, 2014.

1. LawnStars2012

LawnStars2012 LawnSite Member
    from TN

I know all advertising works together, but which type shows best results for you?
  2. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Our Lawnsite customers have found our door hanger special for $79 very helpful. You get 1000 of our full color Band-it door hangers that stay on the door like they're supposed to, full color, 4.25 x 11 and you can utilize our online designer. If you need help with a design, for $20 more our graphic designer will create a professional door hanger design for you. That's just one of several products we offer. If you want more information request free samples at www.adeasprinting.com/freesamples or go to www.adeasprinting.com/doorhangers and see if there are any other options that may interest you. Hope this helps. Thanks Glenda. Glenda@adeasprinting.com 866-778-4254
  3. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

I'm planning to order the special deal from Adeas Printing for 5,000 door hangers in the next week or so. Never tried that method before...look forward to good results!

Last year I went cheap and threw out my business card in a sandwich plastic bag with a rock in it so the wind wouldn't blow it. I actually got several calls out of it and it more than paid for itself.

3 summers ago I printed out a bunch of full color very nice flyers and put them on mailboxes. I got very few calls, but one call I did get was from the postmaster telling me I can't do that or I could get fined next time, so I won't do that again!

Craigslist gets some customers (lots of them are looking for the cheapest price, but there are some really good ones I have gotten from there.) Tried yellow pages for three months last year, and I got 2-3 calls a month, but just can't really justify the price to use it again. Getting website listed on the Google local thing or whatever it's called, that always gets me several calls at the start of every season and then a handful throughout the summer. Ran a classified ad at some newspapers last summer. Got a couple calls from that, so it more than paid for itself. I will be doing that again, and I may put a larger ad in my local newspaper as well to give it a shot this summer.
  4. Mr.LaVere

Mr.LaVere LawnSite Member

I have used door hangers in the past and the usual 1-2% is what I experienced. Worth it in the end because those customers have been with me for years now and have allowed me to open up and expand in one of the nicest subdivisions in my town. I have printed my own in the past and they looked "ok". That deal above for $79 sounds like a pretty good deal. I don't think that sandwich bags, rocks, and a business card could be done for less.
  5. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

It shocks me no one ever says a full truck? Trailer wrap.
    It puts you in front of 10000 people a week , atleast get a vinyl name and number.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. NatLandscape

NatLandscape LawnSite Member

I agree. With most types of advertising, after you stop pouring money into it, it'll instantly stop being effective. However, your name and number plastered on your vehicles is a lasting investment.
  7. mclarke

mclarke LawnSite Member

Plus if they see you parked in front of a job and working they can see the results of your work while knowing what company to call for the same amazing work!
  8. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Having a website that ranks well has been the best investment for me.
  9. JLC Lawn Care

JLC Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Door to door with flyers (if allowed in your area). Especially if you are just starting out, it worked great for me.
  10. chippewaTD

chippewaTD LawnSite Member

I have been thinking of doing this as well. This will be my 2nd year in the business and I'm only 17. I was think about just using my business cards to pass out as I went door to door. Do you think that will be effective? How many houses would you hit?
    Posted via Mobile Device