What type of advertising works best?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by LawnStars2012, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Keene Landscaping

Keene Landscaping LawnSite Member

I'm having good luck with door hangers right now, i'm glad I paid a bit extra for adeas.rocketquotes.com and went with their "band-it" product. No joke I was putting door hangers up and saw a few standard door hangers from another lco's getting blown down the street from the wind. Best I saw was one face down on the door step. The rubber bands are great because you know that the homeowner will have to physically take them off with no worry of the elements.

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

But at the same time I've had people complain how hard they are to get off the door handles sometimes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Gives them even more time to have to stare at your ad :clapping:

4. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

That mailing was relatively small and very targeted geographically and demographically. But still I was like WOOOOWWW :cool2::cool2: lol

5. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I agree. Pay someone to do it.

Flyer distribution companies are everywhere. There are legit companies willing to send out teams to pass them out. Their employees have a GPS and better ones will have an auditor spot check behind them. The cost is cheaper than EDDM. I'm having 12,000 done for $1,260.

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Can you pm me who? Were in different markets. I might be interested in that. I was about to do eddm
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. keys861

keys861 LawnSite Member

Here's something I'm going to try. Our local grocery store and several fast food restaurants have senior citizen days. I'm going to stand out in the lot near the entrance and greet the people and give them my card with a coupon for a free mow after three paid jobs.

8. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

I can't find any of these sort of companies around here. Wish I could, but I'm in a pretty small town.

9. cotyledon

cotyledon LawnSite Senior Member

we do a little this and that for advertising.
    one fun and uncommon thing we do is, I target exit ramps off the highway ones that lead to money areas. in the fall ill plant a few hundred daffodils right on the ramp where you would get stuck in traffic for the light. then when in flower I place some of those cheap plastic signs (like you would see for an open house), no logo or anything on them just fun and funny sayings, plus the phone number. this year they'll say " we don't play ... get blown away " & don't panic its organic. it gets me good calls every year

10. Keene Landscaping

Keene Landscaping LawnSite Member

Yeah I was wondering that myself.