What type of advertising works the best,,,and y?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Husky, Jul 2, 2004.

Which marketing program works best for you and why?

1. Flier

27 vote(s)
  2. Direct Mail

9 vote(s)
  3. Community Yellow Page Ad

7 vote(s)
  4. Coupon Mailer.....like moneymailer or valpak

1 vote(s)
  5. Community Newspaper Ads

15 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Well, which seems to work the best for you
  2. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

wow Im the first to vote lol yay fliers 100%
  3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Flyers, they allow me to target specific areas that I want to work in, are rellativelly inexpensive, have gotten me more customers thatn any thing else hands down.. The only thing I really dislike about them is having to physically deliver them, If I had the budget to pay someone to distribute them, that would be a non-issue as well!
  4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't tried direct mail yet, but I believe it may work good as well...
  5. fubunics

fubunics LawnSite Member

Word of Mouth. OK, so it's not REALLY advertising depending on how you define advertising, but it is a great way to get customers, and the price is right. Also, I believe that the quality of the customers that you get through word of mouth is generally better than other forms of attaining new customers.
  6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

a lettered truck parked in front of a well maintained account............... even if its not your acount, you could just park and eat lunch:) jk word of mouth and a lettered truck.

Fliers might work if they don't fet thrown in the garbage immediately.
    yellow pages can get exspensive, so you hope you get some calls from it, I've heard alot of guys say it was a total waste.
  7. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

My first year I put fliers out untill I got enough work. Then I put ads in 2 yellow page books at $125 an ad. I have not put out a flyer this year.
  8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i've got a great, great advertising technique. better than yellow pages, flyers, anything. cost u $10 bucks to find out
  9. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

We have been using various types of advertising.
    We use door hangers supplied by belgard targeted at
    specific neighborhoods and communities.
    We have a 1/2 page ad in an editorial style advertising book, which goes out every month to homes valued at $300K plus.
    We use Google adwords and overture to advertise/promote our web site
    We are hooked up with the local ace hardware store. We built a display in their garden center and put a sign up.
    We always ask our current clients and distributors to send us business and/or leads.

All of these work in the market they are intended to hit.

As far as the best.....My definition of the best would be ROI, then it is the door hangers.

Do not get me wrong. Our business could not survive using just door hangers as our only advertising. We have a higher-end product and therefore, need to market/advertise more.

our web site
  10. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Have you guys ever tried mailing direct mail or a door hanger with a business card magnet attached,,these have worked really great for me in the past,,,... what do you think,,it can get expensive though,,i think i pay like 200$ for 1000 magnets business card size..