What type of blades does everybody else run on their Honda 21 inch push mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by apples017, Nov 29, 2009.

1. apples017

apples017 LawnSite Member

Whats the best blade combination for a Honda self propelled 21" push mower?

I finally bought a new self propelled honda 21" push mower last month. Man its a back saver....

Anyway, it came with four blades on it. Two of the blades were like a medium lift and the other two were high lift blades. And to be perfectly honest straight out of the box I didn't feel as if the lawnmower was picking up grass as what it should have been.

So off I went back to the mother shop and I bought another set of high lift blades so now I have four individual high lift blades underneath. And the result? Yes the picking up ability of the grass clippings is now much much better.

What type of blades does everybody else run on their Honda 21 inch push mowers?

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Oxymoron. Either the mower is able to propel itself, or you push it by hand.

What model of Honda. I have a Honda, quad-cut blade setup, with two blades mounted, one sandwiched between the bottom blade and the hub. The upper blade has no lift, and is shorter and not as wide. What do you mean about four high lift blades?

3. apples017

Oxymoron. Either the mower is able to propel itself, or you push it by hand.

You know what I mean....

I haven't got the exact model number on me.

You know 4 blades with the little flicker on the end, all 4 blades have the bent up riser piece of steel. These are high lift's. But when I pick up the unit 2 blades were high life and 2 were like low lift.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i use the standard two blades that come on it and never saw a reason to change, but more power to you

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, I don't have any Honda 21" push mowers.

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn this site is getting bad for smart A$$e$. I have a Honda push that I use with the 2 blade setup that it came with. Mulches great and is now 6 years old. I recommend twin blade set-up.:waving:

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My Honda HRX217 came with a twin blades. Please explain this 4 blade set-up.

8. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

Do you run 4 total blades on this mower?

9. moaboy

moaboy LawnSite Member

hi, i bought a new honda and the problem i have is it leaves a small trail of grass on the right side, damn nucsence. Anyone else have this with there one

10. apples017

yes here in Australia it seems that these machines are supplied with a four blade set up.

I too had the same sort of problem with the small trail of grass. Since changing those two standard blades to high lift blades the problem seems to have gone away.

one thing I wish though, was that the engine had more power. The other model had an extra horsepower think it was.

I will go out to the shed and see what model number I have. Okay the model is a HRU 216.