What type of digital cameras are you guys using out in the field

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Gilla Gorilla, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Okay I bit the bullet today and decided to try out the Pro Landscaping software.
    The problem I have is that the little $80.00 digital camera that I have is not going to cut it when it comes to getting nice quality pictures to import into the new landscaping software.

So what type of digital cameras are you guys using? Where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

Thanks for any input you all have for me.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I use a Kodak EasyShare DX6340...3.1, I like it too. With the bigger 128mb card, ran me like $450 I think total.

3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Fuji Finepix 210A

4. Just bought one, got a Sony Cybershot P200. Shoots some great pictures.

5. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I bought a Canon Powershot A85 at Christmas and LOVE it. I teach media arts at the high school and have a couple of Sony DC73 and Sony Mavicas (about 4 years old). The Canon does an amazing job and has many features even my 35mm SLR doesn't have. I'm not sure I'd trust it with guys in the field though. I'll be using this spring to take before and afters.

On a similar note, do you guys get your client's permission to take photos of the property or do you just take 'em. I imagine if you use the pics for promotional purposes you should get permisison (I always do anyway).

6. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Not part of you guys.. but I've been looking, and looking at the Konica Minolta Dimage Z10 http://konicaminolta.com/products/consumer/digital_camera/dimage/dimage-z10/index.html .
    It's a 3 mega something, but the claim they make that gets me interested is the approx. 500 shots on a set of 4 regular alkaline batteries. It's down to $197 at the local Wal-Mart. I guess you can find them online new for about the same price.. but some places are as high as $290.

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Sony 5 megapixel with a 256mb card.. Works great.. very high quality pictues..

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sony Mavica

9. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

nikkon 4100 coolpix i can get 130 pics and 2 2 minute movie clips with sound on 128 mb card . it has a feature just for taking pics of landscapes. got it for christmas

10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Sony 3.2 megapixel, DSC-P32. Got it at Wal-Mart last year for about 160. I bought a bigger memory stick so I could make longer mpegs. I just use the free Picasa2 software from Google.