what type of grass?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by scrubshrub, Jan 25, 2006.

1. scrubshrub

scrubshrub LawnSite Member
    from usa

hello i just moved into a condo with a medium backyard......
    i dont want to buy a lawn mower for such a small area 19ft by14ft i wish to use a weed eater... what type of grass should i plant?

2. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

pine straw or mulch :rolleyes:

3. Tadams

Really need to know where you are located at so we can tell you what type of grass to plant.

4. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Right. However, I imagine that if you pick up your grass seed locally then you won't be stuck with a type that isn't fit for your location.

Just be aware that there are blends that are more shade tolerant, should this area be in the shade, and there are drought resistant types. You could also pick up around 27 rolls of sod for around sixty some dollars and have the area green in an afternoon.

5. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, TAdams.

I'm up north in Connecticut now, but I grew up in Cartersville (hoping to move back as soon as things work out for it).

Shane

6. Tadams

Hope you come back soon! There are a lot of LCO's around here and a lot of scrubs too. No one is starving so there should be work for ya. Where did you live at in Cartersville? When do you think you will be back? Give me a PM when you are here and we can talk about what's been going on here.

7. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

Tadams,

Hopefully I'll make it back this year. I lived off Euharlee Rd when I left in 99. My parents are still there, off 411 by the DOT station. I sent you a Private Message, but the gist is that it's all gonna be a matter of when I can get something going down there for me.

8. scrubshrub

scrubshrub LawnSite Member
    from usa

i live in hawaii

9. Tadams

I'm sorry but I have no idea what type of grass grows in Hawaii.

10. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

centiped? maybe it grows well in sandy soils on the coast line, warm season and low maintance