What type of hearing protection do you use?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Damian, May 6, 2006.

1. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

I use foam plugs that you roll up and insert. The package says they provide 29 decibels protection, which is the highest level I see at the store I buy them at.

I also use JVC noise canceling headphones with my MP3 player that I listen to while working.

I've thought about looking into custom made ones but for the past couple of years I've been saying, "This is the last season I'm going to need them..."

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i got some AO safety work tunes $50 for firsat pair the got 2 more pair at walmart on clearance for $25 per pair

3. bladeheart

bladeheart LawnSite Member

can you buy replacement ear covers for the worktunes?

4. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like them ... I have been looking at Pelters ....

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

They suck compared to elvex. As a matter of fact I just ordered a new pair of elvex com-80r today. I cant wait to throw away my worktunes.

6. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info ... I think I am going to get a set of Pelters soon!

7. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

What? I can't hear you! LOL

Peltors here if I wear any at all. Most of the time I want to be able to hear whats going on around me so I don't listen to music or wear ear protection.

8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

All our workers get the foam roll up ear plugs.We buy them by the boxes.

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a pair of pelters, I love the things. I was worried about how they'd pick up the stations since the last set of am/fm headphones I had didn't work well, but they were also from the early 90's. The pelters pick up the main stations real well though. I wear them while doing any work really, not just when machines are going. I wish I would of had them about 5 years ago when I first started working around mowers, wouldn't have this freaking ringing in my ears probably.

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member