What type of hose?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Why? The first thing I would do is find out where the supply for the hose bibb is routed. There is likely no city in this country that would allow a permanently connected constant pressure valve being fed from a hose bibb in this manner. Around these parts as it currently is installed, there are numerous code violations.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

That would be something like step two, assuming there is any practical access. I've seen some real horror shows fed from hydrants like these. Step one, of course, is to have a proper backflow prevention assembly in place, with plumbing no one will trip over.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If that is step 1, then step 0 is finding the supply to the hose bibb so one might install a proper valve (eg. ASV) or appropriate BFP.

If there is no reasonable, code compliant, litigation safe way to do this, then your only option is to rethink the landscape in this area.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I won't assume practical access exists. So many of these goofy installs are avoiding spending thousand(s) to source the water more directly.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You shouldn't assume anything. The water doesn't magically appear at the hose bibb. Get the plans, find the routing of the supply, assess your options. Personally, I wouldn't touch that setup with your hands and if I were ArTurf, I wouldn't be walking, but running to rip that out.