what type of mower works best for you

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by johncarbaugh, Feb 10, 2005.

1. johncarbaugh

johncarbaugh LawnSite Member

New to site looks great lots of good info. In process of starting up spring of 06 I hope. Just got a few push mow lots for this year getting rider soon don't know what to get. Looking at some ztr front decks. Looks like it will be best for me. I have seen someone using a mower that they stand behind and it pulls them around. What do they call them and has anyone used one before?
    Thank you for helping all the new guys. You were all one once. I try to keep that in mind when someone asks me what i think is a dumb question.

2. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

You are probably talking about a walk behind with a sulky attachement. started out with one of thosoe. recently bought a wright stander instead of a standard ZTR. Fits on my trailer better, smaller footprint. don't have any big yards yet. when i purchase my large (52" ZTR)mower, hope to purchase a SCAG.

Sideline

3. pgiambat

pgiambat LawnSite Member

John,
    Welcome to the forum. I read your post and I think you are EXACTLY where I was 6 years ago. I've kept my business owner/op the whole time and have been extremly fortunate to keep 99.9% of my accounts.
    Hit me with an e-mail so I can send you something as to avoid a LONG reply, I've learned about 1,001 things over the years.

fletch5a@cox.net